February 10, 2012

A simple shower

Baby Shower - February 2011

This was a simple baby shower I did for a friend.

Chocolate Mousse cake, Chocolate cake pops, and lemon mousse cupcakes

I'm not a fan of cake pops displayed showing the stryofoam, so I added white chocolate Junior Mints to hide it.  I love Junior Mints!
My friend was doing a Winnie the Pooh nursery, so we went with a Winnie the Pooh theme.  I made her a Pooh appliqued onesie, and a Pooh themed burp cloth, and found this blanket for a great deal!  Lucky me!
I put a different twist on an old game.  When people came in I had them write a piece of advice/note to Amanda and then attach it to a piece of string guessing how big she was around. 
I like for guests at parties to have something they can do immediately if they want to when entering a party.  I thought we could help Amanda by doing something for her nursery.  So, people helped paint letters, and cut out letters, mod podge, etc. of her babies name to put in her nursery. 



Lemon Mousse cupcakes
I thought I would try something different and make a cake topper out of ribbon.
I didn't get a picture of all the pom poms, but they kept falling from the ceiling...  :)
Sweet and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...